CITY OF SAN JOSE DEL MONTE, Bulacan — The charges have no basis!
This was the answer of Rep. Florida Robes of the Lone District of this city and her husband Mayor Arthur Robes on the murder charges filed against them by a city councilor on the collapse of a water tank in this city last year.
Four counts of murder charges were recently filed by City Councilor Irene Del Rosario at the Office of the Ombudsman against the Robes couple and six other officials of San Jose Del Monte Water District in the collapse of the said water tank in Barangay Muzon in this city last year that claimed four lives and injured more than 30 people.
Some of the residents of the city interviewed by this writer were suspicious that the issue is politically motivated for the coming 2019 mid-term elections.
Local mediamen in Malolos were advised that Del Rosario would hold a press conference this Monday at the Hapag Restaurant at the Hiyas ng Bulacan Convention Center in this city, however, mediamen were advised around noontime that the press conference was canceled.
On the other hand, Atty. Al Ramiro, the spokesperson of the Robes couple, explained that there is no sufficient basis for the murder case filed by del Rosario against the accused.
“The allegation that the water pressure of the water tank that collapsed was deliberately increased to cause it to explode is impossible since one of the advocacies of the Robes couple is to provide adequate water supply to the area,” Ramiro said.
In a statement, the Robes couple explained that the City Government of San Jose del Monte has no jurisdiction over the decision of San Jose Water District as a Government-Owned and Controlled Corporation (GOCC) to enter into a Joint Venture Agreement with the Prime Water Corporation.
“As such, the allegation that we were behind the tank explosion in Brgy. Muzon last year is a quite nonsensical bordering on absurdity,” Mayor Robes said. (RONDA Balita Online News)