Injunction with TRO filed to stop privatization of a Bulacan water district

0
994

CITY OF SAN JOSE DEL MONTE, Bulacan – A complaint about an injunction with the temporary restraining order (TRO) and writ of preliminary injunction was recently filed at a Regional Trial Court in the City of Malolos to stop the privatization of the water district in this city.

Eleven complainants, headed by City Councilor Irene del Rosario, filed the complaint claiming anomalous transactions involved in the privatization process.

Named defendants in the complaint were the San Jose del Monte Water District and its officials namely Loreto Limcolioc, general manager ; Enrique delos Santos, chairman of the board; Felipe Policarpio J., secretary; Victoria Aurora Camua, board member; Jovita Vizconde-Mateo, board member; Victor Canita Jr., assistant general manager; Prime Water Infrastructures Corporation.

Del Rosario told RONDA Balita Online News that they “have a strong water district in terms of financial and facilities” and has no need for it to be privatized.

The privatization of the water district has glaring defects based on RA 7718 or the Act of authorizing the financing, construction, operation, and maintenance of infrastructure projects by the private sector and for other purposes, del Rosario said.

The city councilor added that she even made a privilege speech at the city council process last year “to denounce the secret unsolicited proposal” about the privatization of the water district.

The first hearing for the complaint for an injunction with TRO and writ of a preliminary injunction will be heard on June 21 at the sala of RTC Branch 20 Judge Mirasol Ong-Dychingco, the city councilor added.

Atty. Berteni “Toto” Causing, lawyer/spokesman of the complainants said For sure, there is a billion-peso anomaly in this water project that is secretly dealt between the San Jose Del Monte City Water District and PRIME WATER.

“We wanted to get a copy of the unsolicited proposal of Prime Water but we were denied as it was allegedly confidential,” Causing added.

We have discovered on the website of San Jose Del Monte City Water District, www.sjdmwaterdistrict.com, the INVITATION TO APPLY FOR ELIGIBILITY AND TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL, to match the offer of the “original proponent” worth more than P7 billion, setting the deadline for purchasing of bid documents on October 19 to 26, 2017. But it was taken down quickly. Luckily, we were able to screenshot the same.

“Then they posted on the same website another invitation to match the unsolicited proposal but the same was also quickly taken down,” the lawyer/spokesman said. (RONDA Balita Online News)

Previous articleHinaing ng mga OFWs sa bansang Iraq
Next articleDFA: No Filipino reported among Japan quake casualties
Emmanuel "Manny" Dineros Balbin, an editor-in-chief of RONDA Balita, Lingguhang Pahayagan ng Masang Intelihente, and RONDA Balita Online News was a former seminarian of Oblates of Mary Immaculate (OMI) in Notre Dame University Seminary in Cotabato City. Graduated Philosophy as major course, Political Science as minor, at the University of Santo Tomas, Legaspi City but landed and became a journalist. A former Journal Group of Publication (People's Journal, Peoples Tonight, Taliba & Women's Journal) staffer for 17 years. Before he was simultaneously contributed news articles to 3 local newspaper in Bulacan (NewsCore, MetroNews & NewsWatcher). A former Journal Group Bulacan correspondent, Kabayan provincial reporter, 2010 Bulacan election correspondent by Rappler and presently, a stringer of Philippine News Agency (PNA) Bulacan.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here