CAMP GEN. ALEJO SANTOS, Bulacan — A ceremonial mass withdrawal of support to the Communist Terrorist Group by around 200 members of Kalipunan ng Damayang Mahihirap (KADAMAY) and Bayan Muna in the City of San Jose del Monte (CSJDM) and oath of allegiance to the government was held at the Covered Court of Poblacion 1, City of San Jose del Monte on Friday (April 30).
The persistent campaign on anti-terrorism of the joint efforts of the Regional Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (RTF-ELCAC), Regional Mobile Force Battalion (RMFB)3, and the Bulacan PNP resulted in the voluntary mass denouncement of KADAMAY and Bayan Muna returnees in the said city.
Based on the report of P/Lt. Col. Fitz Macariola, acting Force Commander of Regional Mobile Force Battalion (RMFB) 3, through the help of former rebels who previously surrendered to RMFB 3 they started to process the withdrawal of support of the members and organizers of Sectoral Font Organizations (SFOs) particularly KADAMAY and Bayan Muna in the City of SJDM.
“These SOFs are mainly being utilized by the CTG as their source of manpower in the conduct of street rallies and demonstrations or mass mobilizations against the government,” Macariola said.
The continuous information dissemination made these former SOFs aware of the government programs and the opportunity to change their lives and correct the mistakes they have committed due to deception.
The return to the mainstream of the society of the former members of KADAMAY and Bayan Muna in the City of SJDM will be eligible to the government’s Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (e-clip) for rebel returnees.
“They will be provided with a holistic package of benefits that they can avail, such as livelihood, medical, education, housing, and legal assistance,” Macariola added.
Through the “Rektang Bayanihan” Program of PRO3 under the leadership of P/Brig. Gen. Valeriano T. De Leon relief packs consisting of rice and grocery items were given to the former Anak Bayan Muna and Kadamay members.
Aside from RD De Leon, the event was highlighted by the presence of Bulacan Gov. Daniel R. Fernando, CSJDM Mayor Arthur Robes, and P/Lt. Col. Crisenciano Cordero Jr., Deputy Provincial Director for Operations, BulPPO.
The Bulacan PNP together with the RTF-ELCAC and the AFP will remain committed to secure, ensure and implement law and order – all for the well-being of the Filipino and for our future generations.
The CPP-NPA is listed as a terrorist organization by the United States, European Union, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the Philippines. (RONDA BALITA Online)